E1 Court location
orientation of the tennis court;
relationship to associated
The location of a tennis court should be based on an evaluation of the site conditions and its separation from adjoining residences.
Matters to be considered include:
- impact on landslopes;
- separation from dwellings on adjoining properties;
- the character and landscaping of the site and its surrounds;
- impact on the streetscape;
- impact on existing vegetation;
- and impact on neighbouring properties.
To achieve a layout which minimises the impact on the established land form and vegetation and which respects the amenity and character of the surrounding area.
E1.3 Performance requirements
E1.3.1: The court must be at least:
- 3 metres from a street frontage;
- 3 metres from an adjoining dwelling if the court is to be illuminated;
- and 20 metres from a Melbourne Water declared main drain